Thursday, January 21, 2010

ch 19 questions

What does it means that Ishmael had to be reinstated into the normal society?
Ishmeal being reinstated meant that he was ready to go live outside of the camp.

Why do you think the 2 weeks felt longer than the 8 months at Benin home?
I think he was probably so anxious to get out of there, he was looking forward to it.

tell me a time where you felt like time was so long. Why
When I drive up to go see my auntie and cousins by 29 palms it seems like forever but it is only two hours. I think it is because I don't get to see them often

Why do you think he survived the war?
I think he was just lucky to survive the war. I also think fate played a part in it because now he is sharing his story.

Would you want to be the only survivor from your family?
I would hate to be the only survior in my family, i would be very lonely.

List the items that he packed in his plastic bag.
A pair of sneakers, four tee shirts, three shorts, toothpaste, a toothbrush, a bottle of lotion, a Walkman and some cassettes, two long sleeved shirts, two paris of pants and a tie.

What happen with Mambu? Why do you think that his family doesn’t want him?
Mambu went back to the front lines because his family didnt want him.

Can you or someone you know relate to mambu? Give me an example
I know some people whos family doesnt want anything to do with them because of things they have done.

Tell me time where you had to leave and you never you will never see your friends again.
I havent had a time where I left and didnt get to see my friends but, I have had a couple friends pass away and now I will never get to see them again.

How does Ishmael feel about Ester. What did he want to tell her but never did?
Ishmael loves Esther. Thats how he feels and thats what he cant say.

When his uncle picked him up, how did he treat him?
His uncle treats him like he is his own son.

Described how Ishmael was welcomed into the family.
Ishmael was welcomed with a big feast.

What do you think he is thinking about his living situation now? Who does he share a room with?
I think he feels relieved. He shares a room with his older cousin.

Who took him to sneak out and where did they go?
His older cousin Allie took him out to a pub.

How were everyone dressed, how is that very different from what he is use to.
The boys all had their pants ironed and thier shirts tucked in. The girls all wore beautiful flowered dresses and high heels.

How were the girls dancing to him?
One girl was dancing close to Ishmael.

What memory came back to him during dancing?
He remembered a town he had attacked during a school dance

What does upline mean?
It refers too the backwardness of the inner country, its inhabitants, and their mannerisms

What were the interviews for?
The interview was for two childern to be sent to the United Nations in New York.

Who is Dr. Tamba?
Dr. Tamba is a man who he was told to meet at the United States embassy.

Did he get his Visa?
Mr Kamara took him to get his visa.

Where is he off to now??
ishmael is going to New York city for the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment