Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ch2 questions

Chapter 2
part 1:
Madame Schachter is beaten while riding with the rest of the Jews in the cattle cars, people think she is mad as she screams “Jews, listen to me! I can see fire! There are huge flames! It is a furnace!” With these words we get a glimpse of what the future holds for these people.
In 10 sentences describe the worst possible place that you have ever been or that you could imagine yourself in.

The worst possible place i could even try to imagine my self in is in a transition to what I think of as an afterlife state of being. To have to see my loved ones mourning my death would be horrible. Not knowing where you are going to end up or even what is going on is very scary to me. I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid of what happens after, because personally I'm not sure. Just be a wandering soul waiting for the next move scares me. Being unsure of what is to come scares me.



Part 2:
1. How was the ride, comfortable? Describe.

It was very uncomfortable and hot. There was standing room only. They took turns sitting down. Young people were having sex in front of everyone.

2. What did he Hungarian interpreter say?

The Hungarian interpreter told them that they were now under the control of German Army.
3. What will happen to someone who escapes?

If one escaped, then they all would be shot like dogs.

4. Describe Madame Schachlter, what was she like in the cart?

Madame Schachlter was losing her mind because of the conditions and the fact that she was separated from her husband two eldest sons.

5. What did she scream, why?

She screamed that there was a fire. I think maybe she was a psychic and she foresaw the crematory.

6. How did the people respond to her madness?

They tied her up and hit her to try to quite her.

7. Where did they arrive to at the station?

To Auschwitz.

8. What were the conditions like?

Supposedly conditions were good and families would not be split up.

9. What was happening to Madame?

Madame Schachlter was screaming that there was a fire again and that there was flames coming out of a furnace and she was right this time.

10. When they arrived to final destination, what did see and smell?

They could smell burning flesh in the air and there was thick smoke.

11. Find an image to represent this chapter.
Auschwitz Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

  1. A good job, although you could be more detailed in your sentences

    ReplyDelete