Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last Section and the end of the book

I think the significance of the books final image of Elie's exahusted face is that was the image that has never left him. Just like this whole experience, Elie will never forget that first look in the mirror, it haunts him, and it always will. Elies religion and faith in God died during the Holocaust. In their place he grew stronger as a person. Evereything that he had to endure and witness made him stronger. I think that none of the prisoners sought revenge because just having their freedom back was satisfying. Also, recieving food was probably so overwhelming to them that revenge never even crossed their minds. I think the title Night symbolizes a dark and scary time in Elies life. Elies moral struggle is an important element in the book because that was the main internal conflict in the story. Elie offers us hope because he lost his faith in God and humanity, and he survived. I think sometimes we all lose hope, and this book helps you see the light at the end. I think survivors might often feel guilty if they have been separated from their famillies in the camps. I think this book is relevent today because there are alot of wrong things going on in the world and I think it makes us feel a little better about the stuff we are going through. Also, I think it makes us open our eyes.
Some characters frightened Elie, like Madame Schachter. I think that Rabbi Elihou's son and the Nazis were very influential on Elie, negativity. The Nazi's traumatizes Elie but Rabi Elihous' son shows elie exactly what he doesn't want to become. The French girl Elie meets while working, gives him hope I think, and gives him positive outlook. I think if Elie would have been without his father, things would have been much more harder for him. His father really helped him survive. The twopeople who touched me the most were Rabbi Elihou's son and the french girl. Rabbi Elihous' son's actions really shocked and upset me. The French girl's kind words and actions suprised me also. I didnt expect it. Rabbi Elihous sons actions influenced Elie to always stay by his fathers side. I think he was so dissapointed in himself becauase he was treating his dad like crap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment